Last Updated: April 6, 2023
Effective Date: April 6, 2023
Information We Collect
We collect information about you in a variety of ways depending on how you interact with us and our website and mobile applications including:
• Directly from you when you provide it to us, such as when you register for the event, sign up to receive communications from us, or contact us by phone, email, or otherwise.
• From other sources, including, for example, our affiliates, business partners, service providers, online social media networks, and other third parties.
The following provides examples of the type of information that we collect in a variety of contexts and how we use that information. This is not an exhaustive list.
|Types of Data
|Primary Purpose for Collection
and Use of Data
|We collect your name and contact information when you register for the event and create an account.
|We have a business interest in providing account related functionalities to our users when they register for the event.
|We collect the name, and contact information, of vendors with whom we may interact.
|We have a business interest in contacting our vendors and communicating with them concerning normal business administration such as projects, services, and billing.
|Cookies and First-Party Tracking
|We have a business interest in making our Sites operate efficiently.
|Cookies and Third-Party Tracking
|We may place tracking technology on our Sites that collects analytics, records how you interact with our website, or allows us to participate in behavior-based advertising. This means that a third party uses technology (e.g., a cookie) to collect information about your use of our website so that they can report analytics to us or provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interests. That third party might also collect information over time and across different websites in order to serve advertisements on the Sites or other websites.
|Where required by law, we base the use of third-party cookies on your consent.
|We collect personal information, such as your age or location.
|We have a business interest in understanding our event attendees.
|If you provide us feedback or contact us for support, we will collect your name and email address, as well as any other content that you send to us, in order to reply.
|We have a business interest in receiving and acting on your feedback or issues.
|When you sign up for one of our mailing lists, we collect your email address or postal address.
|We share information about our events with individuals that consent to receive such information. We also have a legitimate interest in sharing information about our events.
|We collect information from your mobile device such as unique identifying information broadcasted from your device when visiting our website or when visiting our event.
|We have a business interest in identifying unique visitors, and in understanding how users interact with us on their mobile devices.
|We collect information that you provide as part of a co-branded promotion with another company.
|We have a business interest in fulfilling our promotions.
|We have a legitimate interest in understanding your opinions, and collecting information relevant to our organization.
|Sweepstakes or contests
|When you participate in a sweepstakes or contest we collect information about you which includes contact information to notify you if you are selected.
|We have a business interest in operating the sweepstakes. In some contexts we are also required by law to collect information about those that enter into our sweepstakes, and we have a business interest in complying with those laws.
|We use technology to monitor how you interact with our website. This may include which links you click on, or information that you type into our online forms. This may also include information about your device or browser.
|We have a business interest in understanding how you interact with our website to better improve it, and to understand your preferences and interests in order to select offerings that you might find most useful. We also have a business interest in detecting and preventing fraud.
|We collect information, including your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to a computer when the internet is used), domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
|We have a business interest in monitoring our networks and the visitors to our websites. Among other things, it helps us understand which of our services is the most popular.
How We Use Information
In addition to the purposes and uses described above, we use information in the following ways:
• To identify you when you visit our website or our mobile application.
• To provide you with information about the event.
• To improve our services and product offerings.
• To conduct analytics.
• To communicate with you, such as to respond to and/or follow-up on your requests, inquiries, issues, or feedback.
• To send marketing and promotional materials including information relating to our events, products, services, sales, or promotions, or those of our business partners.
• To detect and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including violation of our policies and terms and conditions, security incidents, and harm to the rights, property, or safety of our company and our users, employees, or others.
• To debug, identify, and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality of our website and mobile application.
• To comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, to establish or exercise our rights, and to defend against a legal claim.
• For internal administrative purposes, as well as to manage our relationships.
• For such other purposes as you may consent (from time to time).
How We Share Information
• Affiliates and Acquisitions. If another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share information with that company, including at the negotiation stage.
• Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may disclose information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information in order to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, or to comply with your request for the provision of services by a third-party intermediary.
• Public. Some of our websites may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to submit information on these pages, that information may be publicly available.
• Service Providers. We may share your information with service providers. Among other things service providers may help us to administer our website, conduct surveys, provide technical support, process payments, and assist in the fulfillment of orders.
• Other Disclosures with Your Consent. We may disclose your information to other third parties when we have your consent or direction to do so.
Some jurisdictions give you a right to make the following choices regarding your personal information:
• Access To Your Personal Information. You may request access to your personal information or confirmation that we have information about you.
• Changes To Your Personal Information. We rely on you to update and correct your personal information. Our website allows you to modify or delete your account. You may ask us to correct information that is inaccurate or incomplete. Note that we may keep historical information in our backup files as permitted by law.
• Objection to Certain Processing. You may object to our use or disclosure of your personal information by contacting us at the address described below.
• Online Tracking. We do not currently recognize the “Do Not Track” signal.
• Promotional Emails. You may choose to provide us with your email address for the purpose of allowing us to send free newsletters, surveys, offers, and other promotional materials to you, as well as targeted offers from third parties. You can stop receiving promotional emails by following the unsubscribe instructions in emails that you receive. If you decide not to receive promotional emails, we may still send you service related communications.
• Promotional Text Messages. If you receive a text message from us that contains promotional information you can opt-out of receiving future text messages by replying “STOP.”
Please note, not all of the rights described above are absolute, and they do not apply in all circumstances. In some cases, we may limit or deny your request because the law permits or requires us to do so, or if we are unable to adequately verify your identity. We will not discriminate against individuals who exercise their privacy rights under applicable law.
You may exercise the rights described above by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Information” section below.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. We may verify your identity by email. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, registration information, or the date of your registration. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
How We Protect and Retain Information
No method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
Some of our websites permit you to create an account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
Transmission Of Information To Other Countries
Your information may be processed in a foreign country where privacy laws may be less stringent than the laws in your country. Nonetheless, where possible we take steps to treat personal information using the same privacy principles that apply pursuant to the law of the country in which we first received your information. By submitting your personal information to us you agree to the transfer, storage, and processing of your information in a country other than your country of residence including, but not necessarily limited to, the United States and United Kingdom. If you would like more information concerning our attempts to apply the privacy principles applicable in one jurisdiction to data when it goes to another jurisdiction you can contact us using the contact information below.
For your convenience, we may provide links to websites and other third-party content or services that we do not own or operate. The websites and third-party content to which we link may have separate privacy notices or policies. Please note, we have no control over the privacy practices websites, or services that we do not own. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party website or application for details about such third party’s privacy practices.
Our Sites are not intended for individuals under the age of under the age of majority in their home jurisdiction (typically eighteen (18) years old) and we do not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under eighteen (18) years old, without parental consent. Children under the age of 18 should not provide their personal information to us.
Mail: eMerge Americas, LLC
2222 Ponce de Leon Blvd,
Coral Gables, FL 33134